Wednesday 19 September 2012

The 12th Doctor; Wishful Thinking.

Just a little bit of wishful thinking I know, but surely you agree. For starters it will be more convincing once again not to have some one younger than so much of the audience as the Doctor. It would also be nice to have some one who is a little more convincingly intelligent in the role, not that I dislike Matt, or think he's stupid. I just think Stephen here would be such a brilliant Doctor.

He'd be so excellent because of his attitude, his ability to be incredibly intelligent, yet incredibly humorous at the same time. He can be sincere and dramatic and comedic at the drop of a hat. A lot of people claim that we can have an older actor take on the role, I think you'll find Jon Pertwee, Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy and Christopher Eccleston (who were all older than their predecessors) would highly disagree with you.

2 comments:

  1. Love him! But now I'm reminded of when I watched David Morrissey in 'The Next Doctor', I loved him in that roll, and wished he could have been the 11th Doctor. I like Matt well enough, but, I feel like something is missing with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought seeing Smith was that because he was so young, he would have trouble conveying the sort of authority that Tennent (who to me seemed very good at being an old man in a young body at times) or an older Doctor could. I like him well enough, but he hasn't convinced me otherwise, and I think we need an older Doctor.

    ReplyDelete